Accessing Microsoft Office online for free
If you don’t have Word, Powerpoint, Publisher, Excel, or any other Microsoft Office program on your home computer you will be able to set up a free account for Microsoft Office Online. Through this, you will be able to use all of the office programs within your web browser, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
Firstly you will need to go to the Microsoft sign up link to create a new office online account if you do not already have one.
- Follow the link above.
- Sign up for a free account.
- Chose your unique user name / Email.
- Create a secure password. (a mix of UPPER and lower case letters and numbers.)
- Input required data such as date of birth & your Country / Region
- Verify the account creation by copying the letters show onscreen into the character box.
- Click the X at the top right of the pop-up window advertising the paid-for upgrade to continue.
- You will now be presented with the Microsoft office online tools.
Please refer to this Handy PDF guide for a more in-depth process of signing up and getting started with Office Online.
Accessing Microsoft Office Files with Libre.
An alternative solution is to visit the website of Libre Office. Libre is a fully functioning and FREE office suite that can open Microsoft files for review and editing. This application will have to be downloaded and installed on your personal computer but will require no sign-ups online for accounts.
A guide to installing the Moodle Application can be located here.